A Pause

I love the diabetes online community, I really do. I love blogging.  I’ve had a huge number of experiences lately, CGM, conferences, committees, concerts, and almost finishing my current placement. But try as I might I haven’t been able to talk or blog about them. Doing this is something I enjoy, but lately I just haven’t felt like it. I feel a little detached from the DOC lately, entirely by my own doing.

For the last six months or so I’ve been tired. A generalised burnout of everything. My year at uni has been jam packed with no full holidays this year. My diabetes and general health has been all over the shop. So my hobbies get lost a little, and blogging is one of them. I’ve always made sure to keep this blog as a hobby and not as my job for this very reason. But even so, it’s been left aside too.

Sometimes I think you can take on a bit too much. There’s taking opportunities and then spreading yourself too thin. So for now, blogging is taking a backburner and I think that’s ok. I’m in no way stopping, but I think I need to work on things before writing about them. I have a lot of thoughts on the healthcare system, the education system, and mental health. I have a lot of thoughts on my own diabetes and general health management. But now is not the time to start looking into those.

I’m hoping to get back to the OzDOC twitter chat on Tuesday nights though once my placement is over.


To the other bloggers, I read your work and I hope to engage with it again soon. I'm just on pause for the moment.

Comments

  1. I get that feeling. I havent blogged in months, and this is the first blog Ive read in months! Life gets busy and you just gotta pick whats most important to you at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

D Blog Week 2017: Diabetes and the Unexpected

D Blog Week 2017: What Brings Me Down

Diabetes Blog Week 2016: Message Monday