DBlog Week Day 6: Favourites and Motivations

Day 6 of Diabetes Blog Week... does it have to be over so soon?

"If you have been blogging for a while, what is your favorite sentence or blogpost that you have ever written?  Is it diabetes related or just life related?  If you are a new blogger and don't have a favorite yet, tell us what motivated you to start sharing your story by writing a blog?"

I can't pick individual things I've said, or individual posts so here's some posts on topics I like. Some of these are back when I first stated blogging and are fascinating to read again now. I'm a bit of a varied blogger, it seems I've used every writing style and tone possible.

Let's start with a more recent post. An open letter of course! I've written a few of these over time. However, Jamie Oliver is now stuck as my blog image which is beyond annoying: Dear Jamie Oliver

While we're on the annoyed train of thought, I quite liked a post I did last month. It was a really terrible week for my diabetes and I was over it. Writing this post made me feel a lot better and a lot of people gave a lot of support in the weeks following. Being honest about what your diabetes is doing to you is important sometimes: Diabetes Bitch Week

This one wasn't about my diabetes but I am glad I wrote it. I have a lateral /s/ lisp and at the time of writing had been in therapy for a month or two to correct it. A very big step for me as I've had it for my entire life. I'm still in speech therapy but I'm now at the point where I can speak without a lisp for large portions of my day. Whilst I sought therapy because I want to be a speech pathologist, I wanted to note that our differences are what make us unique. My lisp (and all the other things I do) isn't an imperfection, it's just different: Different 

Here's one during the dreaded HSC exams. It makes me laugh at the things I was worried about. To answer that big stream of consciousness, yes I made friends, yes they're as Harry Potter obsessed as I am, no I didn't have to move up the coast because I got the marks for my chosen uni but funnily enough there's still a difference in where we've all grown up. It's interesting, not terrifying. And you DEFINITELY don't want to stay in highschool Bec- uni is so much better: Life Beyond Diabetes

Which brings me to the last one I wanted to share. This is a silly little post that makes me laugh. It's incredibly accurate though. Nothing worse than when you pull off a set and go all Lady Macbeth: Macbeth: The Diabetes Edition

Comments

  1. Maybe next year we should have Diabetes Bitch Week instead of Diabetes Blog Week.... Sorry Guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

D Blog Week 2017: Diabetes and the Unexpected

D Blog Week 2017: What Brings Me Down

Diabetes Blog Week 2016: Message Monday