D Blog Week- Day 6

Saturday Snapshots
"Back for another year, let’s show everyone what life with diabetes looks like!  With a nod to the Diabetes 365 project, let’s grab our cameras again and share some more d-related pictures.  Post as many or as few as you’d like.  Feel free to blog your thoughts on or explanations of your pictures, or leave out the written words and let the pictures speak for themselves."

Diabetes rule of thumb- you wake up in the night, you check your level! 4am checks on a Saturday morning (8.5mmol/L= 153mg/dl for my non Aussie readers)



Drove myself to my piano lesson now that I have my Ps (P plates= I can drive without supervision now). This means packing a diabetes emergency pack and keeping it in the car in case I forget something.




The pump supplies stashed in my wardrobe- a little haphazard following yesterday's set change. I contemplated cleaning it today...... that is yet to happen.




Phonetic transcriptions- because I'm a student speechie with a test on Tuesday, not just a diabetic

(Hard to see) Air bubbles in the pump tubing- the bane of my existence

My tired cat who sums up how I'm feeling mid Saturday afternoon 

I could have posted a number of photos of my blood sugar checks (we're up to 6 at 3.30pm when I post this), or of my other diabetes concerns, but I think these better sum up the Saturday of a type 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D Blog Week 2017: Diabetes and the Unexpected

D Blog Week 2017: What Brings Me Down

Diabetes Blog Week 2016: Message Monday