D Blog Week- Day 4

"Yesterday we opened up about how diabetes can bring us down. Today let’s share what gets us through a hard day.  Or more specifically, a hard diabetes day.  Is there something positive you tell yourself?  Are there mantras that you fall back on to get you through?  Is there something specific you do when your mood needs a boost?  Maybe we've done that and we can help others do it too? (Thanks to Meri of Our Diabetic Life for suggesting this topic.)"  

Diabetes bad days are hard, there's no denying that. But if I were to dwell on how terrible it was I'd be curled up in a corner for eternity, and that's no fun!

So with awful days of high sugars I use: "what goes up must come down"
The bad times will be over in a short while, so isn't it best to just do what you can and let it happen? I'm lucky enough to have some amazing technology to help me out with diabetes dramas- so why not use it to my full advantage?

Emotionally, as a problem solving person, being diagnosed with a chronic illness is frustrating,  because there's no fixing it. I've learned to simply do my best, which as a perfectionist is difficult!

But in the long run, despite bad days I remember try your best, because you can't do any more than that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

D Blog Week 2017: Diabetes and the Unexpected

D Blog Week 2017: What Brings Me Down

Diabetes Blog Week 2016: Message Monday