D Blog Week- Day 3

"What brings me down:
May is Mental Health Month so now seems like a great time to explore the emotional side of living with, or caring for someone with, diabetes. What things can make dealing with diabetes an emotional issue for you and / or your loved one, and how do you cope? (Thanks go out to Scott of Strangely Diabetic for coordinating this topic.)"

Sometimes, diabetes brings me down. Not often.
But sometimes.

Sometimes it feels like nothing is going right because you're stuck on a high blood sugar marathon. Sometimes it feels like you're constantly doing battle with your own body. Sometimes it feels like no one understands my diabetic life.  Sometimes I feel sorry for myself after a particularly painful set change and  sometimes it feels like I'll never win against my diabetes- because I physically can't.             

How do I handle that?
- I treat high sugars thinking "what goes up must come down"
- I'm not doing battle with my body, it simply needs my help

- It's not fair to say no one understands, because they do.Yes they make mistakes sometimes, but so do I. Plus, the DOC is always there to make me feel better or at least not alone
-Set changes hurt sometimes- but if that's the worst pain in the world then it is nothing. Painful sets are what keep me alive and for that I should be grateful
- Diabetes is a chronic condition, so there is no winning and losing per se. But I would hate to go out knowing that I had let it rule everything. To me, rising above it is a victory.

Sometimes I'm over diabetes, but I'm always looking for the silver lining.

Comments

  1. I really admire how positive you manage to be even when diabetes is bringing you down. And no, you most definitely are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the way you put a positive spin on what brings you down :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

D Blog Week 2017: Diabetes and the Unexpected

D Blog Week 2017: What Brings Me Down

Diabetes Blog Week 2016: Message Monday